19 April 2007

Flowers and 26 weeks

This blog is going to be picture-rich. My friend and colleague, Vicky, has been here this week and we have gone on a couple of photo safari's. We went walking around the park I live across from and also went to the Royal Botanical Garden at Kew. We also went last summer when Vicky was here. There are definitely different flowers in bloom now compared with then.



This is a picture Vicky took of me to show off the bump at 26 weeks. We're still growing! Hurrah.




I decided to take this picture just so you can see what I see when i'm walking around. Not too much feet - mostly bump.





On my walk to work I pass this area on the north side of the river Thames. The sign indicates that the houses you see in the background were built on the site of King Henry VIIIs manor house which stood until the late 18th century. He must have stopped along here on his way between Greenwich and Hampton Court Palace.





This picture is taken in Battersea Park. There is a giant lake in the middle of the park with ducks, geese, and the occasional swan in addition to the pigeons. In the background is the Battersea Power Station. Just a very prominent feature around Southwest London.





Took this picture at Kew - another pond with lots of wild fowl. In this case I was trying to get a picture of my shadow on the pond. Not sure how well it worked, but it's interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home