25 November 2008

and now November's almost over....

How did that happen? I need to find some kind of space-time continuum changer, so I can stop (or at least slow down) time for a bit. Can you tell that I've been watching a lot of Star Trek lately? Yes.. I am a geek.

No pictures to post this time, 'cuz I need to free up space on my hard disk so I can load up new ones. Instead an update on the babies speaking abilities....

Libby can now say baa (for a sheep sound instead of her usual snort-y noise), baby (and she does the sign for baby too), please (comes out like "peas") and we taught her to say El Pulpo (which is "the octopus" in Spanish - we got an octopus bath splat that she liked). So funny when she says it. Today when I got into their room at nursery to pick them up, she ran over and yelled "Mummy!". It melted my heart. I've not been sure whether they mean mummy when they say mamamamamama, but that was pretty clear.

Alex's repetoire of words are themes on the syllables "ta ta", "da da", "ta da", etc... these can mean: daddy, grandad, doggie, hot tea, teddy, kitty cat, sheep, "Tah Dah" (as in, I just did something very exciting like get on a table all by myself) and thank you. :D very silly. Alex also knows what a baby is and can do the sign. Of course, his word for baby is deedah or some such.

They are both quite fascinated by babies. I think it's because they are now among the oldest in their room at Nursery. In fact, they are being moved up to the next age group room in the New Year. It's exciting and a little daunting for mum, but will be much better for them.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Have some turkey and watch a football game for me. Happy Birthday to my Mum too.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the in-depth speech updates -- the accomplishment that shines on a baby's face when they do something new and exciting is just the best thing EVER! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:09 AM , Blogger Meyer-Dombard said...

yay, Mummy! can't wait for this breakthrough here- already pretty heart-melty at his little smiles so i'll be a puddle with 'Mummy'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home