06 May 2008

A long time...


It's been a long time... The last month has flown by and yet also crawled. After the bronchiolitis episode with Alex, things have gotten much better and we are only dealing with teeth and lingering coughs now. Libby and Alex are almost 10 months old and spend a lot of time cruising around the room holding onto various bits of furniture or walls or mum/dad. They are also getting better and better at playing with each other (rather than playing by themselves near each other). In fact, yesterday they spent a good amount of the afternoon giggling at each other and chasing each other around the playpen (aka the living room). Libby's got her bottom teeth coming in and Alex seems to have one of his top teeth coming in, so there's quite a bit of drool and chewing on everything. One of the best things is to hear them giggle. It's just so lovely that you have to join in. I don't have it recorded yet, but will try. They also pull funny faces now too. Libby has a particularly funny face that looks like she's a bit shocked or about to gasp, but then it goes back to a smile and she's never unhappy with it. We've tried to capture that in one of the pictures below.

Work is going fine. Trying to get lots done and there's never enough time. It's proposal season again. Always a fun time, although I must admit that my perspective on proposals has changed since last year. I would definitely like to get my research ideas funded, but I'm just not too bothered about it now that I have the fabulous Libby and Alex to play with!

Here are the pics.. Sorry to ramble on so long...

Through the tunnel of laundry.




There are many uses for the bumbo.


Don't mind the bra - just wanted to show how the kids love to play climb on mummy.

I want to eat Daddy's toe!!!


This is Libby's funny face.
This video is a nice one of their talkativeness. No idea what they are talking about, but they are certainly adamant about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home